Saturday, July 2, 2011

Last week of June, 2011

I took no notes this week since I wasn't planning on doing a blog but here goes. 

The Predators have had a busy week.  A lot of controversy started when the NHLPA claimed that the Preds didn't tender their restricted free agents in time by the Monday 5:00 EDT deadline.  The point of contention is over the definition of "tender" and when does it actually occur.

The Predators are also conducting a player development camp for their prospects who are coming up in their system.  This includes those drafted last weekend.

The Titans are not doing much as the lock out still continues.

On the Titans front, I did hear an interview on 104.5 the Zone of Jake Locker, the Titan's number 1 draft pick this year.  I am impressed and I look forward to seeing him on the field one day.

104.5 the Zone also covered a commitment day of 3 high school football players out at D1 Sportplex.  One of them is the #2 ranked RB in his class by Rivals.com.  All three are commiting to Vanderbilt University.  New coach, James Franklin, is creating a lot of buzz.  It seems as though he may be to Vandy football what Bruce Pearl was to University of Tennessee basketball a few years back.  Let's just hope that this doesn't end like that one did, for Vandy's sake.

These are all that I could come up with off the top of my head.  I am going to watch the Preds player development camp this morning so I will try to give a report.  Till next time.

No comments: